Scheduling privilege is designed for a user or an executive admin to:
- You can assign or delegate a user or multiple users in your account to schedule meetings on your behalf.
- You can also schedule meetings on behalf of a user (or multiple users) that has assigned you scheduling privilege.
- Users with Scheduling Privilege on your account will be able to manage and act as an alternative host for all meetings.
Note: Both users must be on the same account. (Strathclyde University account)
Setting up scheduling privilege
- Sign in to the Strathclyde Zoom web portal.
- Click Settings.
- Under Other, click the plus sign (+) next to Assign scheduling privilege to.
- Enter one or more email addresses in the window, separated with a comma.
- Click Assign.
If the user was assigned successfully, they will appear under Assign Scheduling Privilege to. However, they will need to sign out of the Zoom desktop client and sign in again before they will be able to schedule for you there.
Note: If scheduling privilege cannot be assigned because the user is not on your account or is not a Licensed User, you will receive an error message.
Scheduling for another user (Zoom)
Zoom Desktop Client
The user given scheduling privilege will need to logout of the Zoom client and login again for the scheduling privilege option to appear.
- Sign in to the Zoom Desktop Client.
- Click on the Schedule icon.
This will open the scheduler window.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Check Schedule For.
- Choose the user you want to Schedule For from the dropdown menu.
- Click Schedule to finish, and open up the calendar you have selected.