Activity visibility and grade visibility are linked together, and it is important to understand how they work in relation to each other to manage what the students may see in their assignment and gradebooks
Feedback (such as comments) are treated by Moodle / Myplace as being part of the "grade".
The following table shows all of the combinations of activity & grade item visibility (along the top) and each of the possible changes to visibility that can be made.
How to use this
- Start on the top row of "Starting Visbility"
- Identify the current visibility of your activity and it's corresponding grade item.
- Identify on the Visibility Change column the type of visibility change you are going to make.
- Move down the Starting Visibility column until you reach the type of visibility change.
- This will tell you what the resulting visibility state will be for both the activity and the grade item.