You may now be asked to upload an audio or video file to Myplace which will embed in the submission point. Please note, this setting may not be enabled by your tutor/lecturer and you may be asked to upload a video/audio file the same way you upload a document. This setting is enabled or disabled by teaching staff.
Click on any image to enlarge
1) The submission point for the assignment looks exactly the same as an assignment without Video/Audio submissions enabled. To start submission, click 'Add submission'
2) Below the (any) file submission box there will be another box with the title 'Upload a Video or Audio file'
Do not upload non-video/audio files in to the "Upload a Video or Audio File" section.
This may result in conversion and the inability for staff to access your submission.
- All non-Video/Audio content, such as PowerPoint presentations or Word Documents must be added the File Submissions section.
3) to upload this kind of file, click the 'Browse' button to browse to the video/audio file on your PC.
4) Double click the file you want to upload.
5) This will take you back to the upload box. Click the 'Upload' button.
6) You will see an upload progress bar, wait until this reaches the end.
7) After the bar is finished, click 'Save changes' to save the file.
If you try to save your submission before the upload process has finished or you have not clicked 'Save Changes' your video will not have uploaded. The indicator screen shown on the right will display 'Sorry, invalid url' or a similar error message.
If you see this screen, you must upload your video/audio file again.
8) If you have successfully uploaded your file you will see the screen on the right.
You will not see the full video appearing straight away. This is because your video file is being processed, don;t worry you have uploaded it successfully but the processing takes some time, during which you'll see the message 'coming soon' in the embedded video/audio file.
9) Check back a little later and you should see the full video/audio file embedded in the submission area.