This page describes how to return unapproved class marks to the student record system by uploading a file.
There are three methods for delivering marks to the marks return system:
- uploading a .csv file with specified headings
- pulling the marks from the Myplace gradebook
- typing the marks directly into the screens
Below are instructions for delivering marks to the marks return system by uploading a file.
Ensure you understand the system
Before you begin a marks return, please ensure you have thoroughly read Managing Returns and have performed each step in Preparation for a Return.
Two methods for uploading a .csv file
There are two methods for creating a .csv file that can be uploaded to the marks return system:
- Use a spreadsheet you already have, ensuring the relevant columns are named correctly and saving it as a .csv (comma delimited) file. The marks return system will ignore any columns it doesn't need or recognise so there is no need to delete them.
- Download a spreadsheet from the marks return system, fill in the marks and then upload it.
The two methods are explained in more detail below.
Using your own file
registrationno, mark, markcode
Please be sure to include all three columns, even if one of them is entirely blank.
All headings must be lowercase.
Take care not to introduce any extra spaces or tabs before or after the headings, or in the middle - 'registration_no', 'mark_code' - this will cause the upload to fail with a 'coding error'.
Downloading a spreadsheet from the marks return system
Create a New Marks Return (Myplace Support)
Resubmission and Resits (Myplace Support)
I can't find my class code in marks return (Myplace Support)
About Mark Codes (Myplace Support)
Managing Returns (Myplace Support)
EX- classcode (external study) Marks Return (Myplace Support)
How can I return EX code classes? (Myplace Support)
How can I return Pass/Fail marks? (Myplace Support)
Articulation Class Marks Return (Myplace Support)
Error: 'Exception - Argument 3 passed to gradereport...' (Myplace Support)
Marks return upload fails with 'Coding error detected...' (Myplace Support)
Pulling marks from the gradebook (Myplace Support)