This support page describes how to make an assignment visible only to a group (or groups) of students you specify.
1) Edit the settings on the assignment to which you want to restrict access
2) In Strathclyde assessment and feedback policy, make sure you have ticked 'This activity is not covered by the University Assignment and Feedback Policy'
3) In 'Restrict access' settings click Add restriction
4) from the options in the pop-up choose 'Group'.
5) Make sure the settings are set to 'Student must match the following' and choose one of your groups.
In this case the 'eye-con'has no line through it. This means that the assignment will be visible to everyone in the class, but there will be a message to explain it's only accessible to those in a specific group.
If you click the 'eye-con' a line will appear. This denotes that the assignment will be completely invisible to anyone not in the group.
6) Check again you have done step 3. Click the 'Save and return to class' button which will return you to the main class page. The image below is how it will appear to student who are not in Group 4.