Upload a video and let Stream generate the captions automatically (On the Options tab, set Autogenerate captions to On).
Follow the bellow steps to edit the captions:
- Click the ^ arrow next to My content and then select videos.
- Find the video you want to edit.
- Once on the video’s page hover over three little dots and click for more actions.
- Select ‘update video details’.
- Click on the ‘Download file’.
Note: If the Download file option isn't visible, you might need to uncheck the Autogenerate captions box.
- After downloading the file, select ‘Show in folder’ to make sure where your download is saved.
Note: The downloaded file is in .vtt format which is not a recognisable format. In order to open your file by Notepad, right-click on the file and select open with. Then choose Notepad from the application list.
Another way is to click on the Notepad icon to open the program. Then navigate to the file you downloaded and make sure you have selected ‘all files’ rather than just Text Document otherwise you won't be able to see the caption file.
- You should then have a Notepad file like this:
- Now you can go through each event and edit the text.
- After editing is done, save the Notepad.
- The last step is to go back to the Update Video page on Stream and select Upload a caption file in order to upload the updated caption to your video.