- To see the class, including activities, from the point of view of a student.
- In effect to 'become' a student in your class.
- This can be used to confirm that the settings you use have the effect you're hoping for.
Click on any image below to enlarge
1) From the administration block in any class click on Users>Enrolled users
2) Give yourself (test firefox 5) the student role by clicking on theicon.
3) Then type student into the searchbox, click on the word student that appears below and finally click theicon.
When you have the student role it will appear above your name like this.
4) Back in the main class page when you want to check the main class page, gradebook or some activity you can now 'switch role' to student and you will see the class as the students see it. When you want to go back to your usual role, just click 'Return to my normal role' from the same menu which can be accessed by clicking your name in the top right hand corner. (see image on the right of this section)