This support page describes how to add a resource to your Myplace class page.
Each resource listed below has its own link to a Moodle instruction page and Strathclyde University Support Site page
Before you can Add a Resource you must turn editing on at the top right of your course page
On your class page you can use the Add an Activity or Resource link as shown below to add a resource or activity to a class.
Once you click the link, you will be presented with a pop-up list of activities and resources. We are only focussing on adding resources in this section so please see list of available resources to add within your class page. Select one via the radio button and click Add. Note: Each resource is fully explained on the right-hand side of the pop-up list.
As you can see in the example below, we are adding a Folder resource which as explained in the help text is a when a staff member requires to hold a number of files (i.e. Presentation Slides) in a folder on the class page or this Folder can be used as a destination for submission for a particuliar activity.
Other resources include (e.g. usage displayed for understanding of resource function):
- Book - Allows staff to create multi-oage resource in a book-like format (e.g. Display reading material for individual modules of study, A departmental handbook or a portfolio of students work)
Please see Moodle Docs article for further information: Book Resource
- Class Catalogue - The Class Catalogue Resource enables the addition of data held in the Strathclyde Class Catalogue to be displayed on a class page or as a link on the class page (inc. Class Overview, Basics, Overview, Syllabus, Learning outcomes and Assessment structure) How do I find classes that I am eligible to enrol onto?
File - The file module enables a teacher to provide a file as a course resource. Where possible, the file will be displayed within the course interface; otherwise students will be prompted to download it. Note: Students need to have the appropriate software on their computers in order to open the file. (e.g. Share Presentations given in class, to provide draft files so students can edit them for submission)
Please see Moodle Docs article for further information: File Resource
- IMS Content Package - An IMS content package is a collection of files which are packaged according to an agreed standard so they can be reused in different systems. The IMS content package module enables such content packages to be uploaded as a zip file and added to a course as a resource (e.g. Presenting multimedia content and animations)
Please see Moodle Docs article for further information: IMS Content Package Resource
- Label - A Label is effectively a text resource displayed on the page which can be used to explain the links to other resources and activities that follow. This can make the class page easier for students to understand by allowing a clear picture of what is being presented on their class page in relation to their class resources and activities
Please see Moodle Docs article for further information: Label Resource
- Page - The page module enables a teacher to create a web page resource using the text editor. A page can display text, images, sound, video, web links and embedded code, such as Google maps (e.g. Present terms & conditions of a course/class, embed video or audio files with some explantory text)
Please see Moodle Docs article for further information: Page Resource
- Web Link - The URL module enables a teacher to provide a web link as a course resource. Anything that is freely available online, such as documents or images, can be linked to; the URL doesn’t have to be the home page of a website. The URL of a particular web page may be copied and pasted or a teacher can use the file picker and choose a link from a repository such as Flickr, YouTube or Wikimedia. Note: URLs can also be added to any other resource or activity type through the text editor.
Please see Moodle Docs article for further information: URL Resource
- SCORM Package - A SCORM Package is a bundle of interactive content that may be provided by a 3rd party Publisher. It appears under the Activities section as it may include interactive aspects, but equally it may be simple content.